A bit 'of rhetoric straight from the heart of black 90s here to the vo a (muddy) pearl desolate beauty The masterpiece of a talented life dandy Jarvis Cocker, mind and soul of Pulp (unfortunately I can only link but not embed the video, the code is missing) . This Is Hardcore is the title track of the 6th disc of the Sheffield group, released in 1998 after the hangover of the late but considerable success of Different Class in 1995 - was accidentally in the middle of Britpop, strange thing for a band active since the eighties. E 'which is extremely rare that a product or pop rock, but good or excellent in its scope - and I have shown several examples, the result of mei personal taste and often topped by a flood of adjectives - draws on the heights of art, but this is the case, thanks to a miraculous chain of brilliant inspiration from the conceptual, musical and visual (on the other I do not know who is the director of the video). A look at the human condition that comes on the ice at zero degree of disillusionment and condensed into a sound poem, a suite pop-rock split into three parts with a central climax - the banner of media to print film yet very sober, away from extreme stylistic choices, vulgar or loud - brilliantly illustrated by a video clip of sublime beauty, by far the most amazing I know. The end result is a vision of the world (to say the least) alien romance easy or comforting tales, love and sex reduced to a porn movie and life itself reduced to a gangster movie maybe of poor quality. Indeed, the bitter "Reflections"
You are hardcore, you make me hard.
You name the drama and I'll play the part.
It seems I saw you in some teenage wet dream.
I like your get-up if you know what I mean.
I want it bad.
I want it now.
Oh can't you see I'm ready now.
I've seen all the pictures, I've studied them forever.
I wanna make a movie so let's star in it together.
Don't make a move 'til I say "Action."
Oh here comes the Hardcore life.
Put your money where your mouth is tonight.
Leave your make-up on and I'll leave on the light.
Come over here babe and talk in the mic.
Oh yeah I hear you now.
It's gonna be one hell of a night.
You can't be a spectator. Oh no.
You got to take these dreams and make them whole
Oh this is Hardcore -
there is no way back for you.
Oh this is Hardcore -
this is me on top of you
and I can't believe it took me this long.
That it took me this long.
This is the eye of the storm.
It's what men in stained raincoats pay for
but in here it is pure. Yeah.
This is the end of the line.
I've seen the storyline played out so many times before.
Oh that goes in there.
Then that goes in there.
Then that goes in there.
Then that goes in there.
And then it's over.
Oh, what a hell of a show
but what I want to know:
what exactly do you do for an encore?
Cos this is Hardcore.
di un pornoattore ormai stanco e disincantato, che pure prova una sotterranea attraction - it almost seems genuine - for the co-star, is cast, playing on the double meaning of the word Hardcore in the background of a set of a B-movie kind of melo-noir (of course in Technicolor), which becomes a sad metaphor of 'inauthenticity (s dell'inanità ) of life: in short, the most beautiful song and video of the last 10 years - of course IMHO. Are clear of all those that watch the world forking rose-colored glasses, This Is Hardcore could hurt your health.
For an excellent piece of equipment much more traditional, but see the beautiful execution of live The Fear, atmosphere epic song from the same album is distressing, embedded below.
PS
But you can not cite I spy , distinctly another masterpiece "film" Different Class -old, who proposes (there are errors in the text shown in the linked site - like many - but the way you understand ...) in Beyond the delirium vouyeristico , a peculiar form of class struggle: trumpet his master's wife, and the class struggle I do not like, but I have nothing to say in this case ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment